воскресенье, 18 марта 2012 г.

a3 designs




The aim of our project was to make a rebranding of ChiFest. We were asked to produce designs for posters, websites, make a new logo and map. During the project we had to research different artists who makes information graphics, graphic design and illustration. Also we had to look at different festivals logoes, websites and identity so we can see what trends there are in this area.




At the begining I looked at different festival logos and posters, and noticed that they mostly have bright vivid color, dynamic layout and warm mood. And then I tried to make my first responses. My first logo idea for Chi fest http://dimonstrik.blogspot.com/2012/02/firrst-logo-idea-for-chi-fest.html it is very simple and colorful, but I dont think it works well because it reminds about chiuld toys or things like that. Third logo idea https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhXkMFfs2l-iPcWr-3VYalPYsEjDcqWy3i1h8PY5EsOL0Kx96W-Rl7m_CwmMAQsDsKlYQgF5W7Q_6-e5TsNs4h_LFsCper7cTe-WPNjZPZ-gWKwSmdKJuU8suG6vg9whv-Xcs9EAsYNXP2V/s1600/Logo5.jpg Is a bit better, it is colorful and warm. The color palette works well together, But I see no way to use it in my posters. And here is my final one: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhxUKJy3mI7jlysatw3eiQ5kAUZVo4h6PEypVnf0KOOSgoCKF6gm0pDhzvwoCipZTAjNdrGNA6QfechUt6dcXKcSJRQldw-B8KMAVuwfWzicSiDIL3Ai7rbYD0-AHJoh-AwsLrxSbI0OMZk/s1600/Logo3.jpg The shape is simplified and caricatured outline of flower, so it will work good for the festival. I tried many color palettes and found out that red and blue works the best together, and also they are colors of UK flag. So this one is definetly going to be presented for the client as final one.




Based on logo design and colors I created a poster and a web-site with flyer. For the poster I used photo of myself playing bass guitar, so it will show that festival is connested with music and stuff. Also I did some flyer based on my lowtech work, and made in a bit different way and technique than poster, but using same colors and basic style. It is very flat and simplified, and remids a bit of Matt Needle style.




The final piece was a map of festival. It has to show the locations of different activities around the college territory. I did a research into information graphics, ans then begin to work on my own. I used grass texture for the background, I simplified shapes of the building, to make it easaly understandable, and I designed a set of own icons to indicate activities.

Комментариев нет: